We encourage all people in Worcester, regardless of ability to age well. As a nation we have an ageing population- Whilst this is a positive outcome from improved health care and standards of living, our ageing populations are also costing our services millions of pounds due to inactivity.
Of the 102,338 people living in Worcester, just over a third (33.92%) of people are aged over 50, which totals 34,712 people. We provide a wide range of programmes to encourage active ageing in Worcester including walking netball, walking football and maintaining movement exercise classes.
We have a range of fun and low intensity new activity sessions for both men and women to keep you active in 2018.
The sessions are ideal for older aged people or anyone who has been away from physical activity for a long time and wants to get active again. Active Communities provide many varied activities such as: Walking Football, Maintaining Movement Exercise Class, netball and Active Ageing Multi-sports.
First session FREE! No booking required.
Please see below a list of programmes running:
- Walking Football Tuesday (Perdiswell) 10:00-11:00am free for members and £3 for non members.
- Walking Netball Wednesday (Perdiswell) 10:30-11:30am free for members and £3 for non members.
- Bilford Court Bowls & Games Friday 2-3:30pm free for members and £3 for non members.
- Seated Exercise Class- St Johns Sports Centre. Every Monday 10:30am-11:30am. £3 per session and you get your first session free.
Session times and dates are subject to change.
We also run sessions in care homes, if you are interested please feel free to contact us.
- Perdiswell Leisure Centre: Bilford Road, Worcester WR3 8DX
- Bilford Court: 16 Southdown Rd, Worcester WR3 8HX
- St Johns Sports Centre:13 Malvern Rd, Worcester WR2 4LE
- Nunnery Wood Sports Centre: Spetchley Rd, Worcester, WR5 2NL